Unfortunately we do not have enough data to give you an accurate valuation.
Your local Moginie James property expert will be in touch to arrange an accurate valuation taking into account improvements to your property,
the local market and more. Or arrange a valuation now by clicking here.
Whilst this instant valuation provides a guideline, your local Moginie James property expert will be in touch to provide a more accurate valuation taking into account improvements to your property, the local market and more.
Schedule your free valuation directly into our diary 24/7
Book A Valuation
Straight Into Our Diary 24/7
How a good letting agent protects their landlords
By Martine Harris
Mon 17 Sep 2018
How a good letting agent protects their landlords from new regulation pains
We read an article recently which claimed many landlords were unaware of regulations which could affect their property portfolio.
In some cases, non-compliance could leave landlords at risk of hefty fines.
In the article, it claimed a survey of 4,000 landlords had highlighted a real lack of knowledge about regulations, including the Energy Performance Certificate criteria and also the Government’s existing Right to Rent scheme (NB: Right to Rent does not currently apply in Wales).
According to the survey;
1. Only 52% of respondents knew it is against the law to rent properties with an EPC rating of F or G (as from April 2018).
2. 17% of those surveyed weren’t even aware of the changes.
3. Another 31% mistakenly thought the rules came in to force in June or December.
4. A fifth of those who were surveyed were also unaware about rules on accessing a tenanted property.
5. A whopping 70% didn’t know about the penalties – unlimited fines and imprisonment – for failing to comply with Right to Rent regulations (This legislation does not apply in Wales).
6. A third of those surveyed were unsure of when a gas safety certificate should be issued.
7. 90% didn’t know whether a tenancy agreement needed to be reissued if there was a new tenant.
The survey and subsequent article highlighted more gaps in landlords’ understanding and knowledge of the industry.
Which leads us to our main point – when a landlord instructs a knowledgeable and experienced letting agent a lot of the things mentioned above will be explained to them clearly and expertly.
We’ve been in this industry since 2001 (even longer if we were to talk about pre-Moginie James life - was there ever such a thing?). Over those years the industry has become almost unrecognisable due to the changes in laws and regulations.
It’s our job to keep up to speed with all those changes and ensure our landlords are well-informed way before the changes become potentially very expensive issues.
We regularly attend conferences and industry workshops to keep our knowledge updated, this is an investment of time and money which ultimately pays dividends for our clients and safeguards them against falling foul of new changes to laws and regulations.
Thanks for reading and if you have any other property related questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us – we’d love to help you.
The Moginie James Team
PS: If you want to let your property quickly, professionally and cost-effectively call our team on 02920 761 999 or email: email@example.com for honest, expert and friendly advice.