The Sweet Smell Of Success
At Moginie James we know first impressions count - whether it’s a job interview, a date or viewing a property.
Home buyers in Cardiff nowadays make even quicker snap judgements than they did a decade ago,
while we constantly find that buyers want properties that not only appeal to their eyes but also their noses.
I’m sure you’ve read or heard about how properties with the smell of coffee brewing or freshly baked bread make viewers swoon.
However, in the real world, it’s highly unlikely that you’ll have an endless stream of homemade loaves in the oven
or a constant cafeteria on the go – unless you’re selling a coffee shop of course!
Realistically the best way to create an instant positive impact on once someone’s sense of smell when they
have stepped through your front door is a combination or ALL of the following:
- Fresh flowers – not only do they look good, they smell good.
- Freshly painted walls – always a good investment when preparing a property for sale.
- Clean crisp bed sheets and don’t forget there are some fantastically subtle plug-in air fresheners on the market now.
The smells to avoid include:
- Stale tobacco.
- Food caddies which are full of old food in the kitchen.
- Cheap and nasty air fresheners.
- Old cat litter, damp dog blankets (apparently!) and any other animal related smells.
Put simply nice smells sell while stale air fails.
While it's important to remember that not everyone loves your pet (and their smell) as much as you!
Ted James, Head of PR (Pet Relations)
Want to get a SOLD or LET sign outside your property quicker?
Call our team on 02920 730887 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for honest, expert and friendly advice.