Preparing your home for spring
Wed 15 Feb 2023
Spring is just around the corner and it's the perfect time to give your property a freshen up for the coming season. Here are some tips to help you prepare your property for spring:
1. Clean the exterior: Start by cleaning the exterior of your property, including the windows, gutters, and exterior walls. Use a pressure washer if you can get your hands on one to get rid of dirt and grime, and wash the windows with a squeegee and soap. Clean the gutters of any leaves and debris that may have built up over winter to prevent clogging.
2. Deck and patio maintenance: Clean your deck and patio to get rid of any mildew or mould that may have formed over the winter. If necessary, reseal or restain your deck to protect it from the elements. Check for any cracks or damage and make repairs as needed so it’s in great condition to enjoy when the weather gets warmer.
4. Inspect the roof: Check your roof for any damage or missing shingles. Make sure your chimney is in good condition and that there are no cracks or leaks. This is a good time to replace any damaged shingles to prevent any water damage. We would advise getting a professional to do this all safely.
5. Paint: If your property's exterior needs a fresh coat of paint, spring is the perfect time to do it. Choose a colour that complements your home's style and the surrounding area.
6. HVAC Maintenance: The UK may not get as hot as other countries but last summer we had quite the heatwave. If you have air con in your property, make sure to get it serviced so it's in good working condition. This will help you avoid any unexpected breakdowns during the summer months.
7. Clean the interior: Give your home a deep cleaning by dusting and wiping down surfaces, vacuuming carpets and upholstery, and having a general tidy and organisation. This will help improve the indoor air quality, give your property a fresh, clean smell, and just be a more pleasant space to enjoy.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your property is ready for spring. Not only will it look great, but it will also be in good condition for the upcoming summer months so you can enjoy the weather and not have to worry.