The Leaders Romans Group Limited (Registered office: Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3GZ, Registration Number: 09939099) is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about what data we hold and giving you control over how we use it.
If you don’t have time to read the whole policy now, here are the main reasons we collect different types of information about our users:
• To help us monitor and improve our Digital Channel
• To provide you with a more personalised experience
• To send you details about our related services, where you have either completed a web form or requested information to receive such marketing communications
• Keep the Digital Channel secure and prevent fraud
Should I read any other information or terms?
If you’re interested in the legal recommendations, we recommend visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office website (http://www.ico.gov.uk). The ICO regulates data protection and e-privacy in the UK so there is lots of useful guidance about this on their website.
What are The Leaders Romans Group’s privacy principles?
The Leaders Romans Group’s privacy principles, in respect of how it collects, uses and manages your personal information, are summarised as follows:
- When we ask for data it’s to give something back.
- Asking for your name means we know how to talk to you. Knowing your address helps us to allocate the most appropriate member of our team to help you with your request and your contact details enables us to contact you regarding our services.
- In collecting and using your personal information, we will be clear about what we are doing and make sure that you understand the way in which we are using it. Also, we won’t sell your information to anyone.
You control the data we hold on you.
If requested, we will delete your personal information securely and swiftly and some of the information we hold on your activity on our Digital Channel will be anonymised, so we won’t know it’s yours. We will have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access and will only work with third parties necessary to the completion of any services you requested from us.
Compliance with laws and your rights
There are various laws and regulations which apply to data protection and data privacy including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016, further detailed information on these specific rights can be found at the website of the UK Information Commissioners under https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights. Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011 (as may be updated or amended from time to time).
At The Leaders Romans Group, we make sure we stick to these data protection and e-privacy laws. As mentioned above, information about the laws, and your rights, can be found on the ICO’s website – www.ico.gov.uk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. This can be done by checking or unchecking relevant boxes on our web forms, unsubscribing via any marketing emails we send, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to ask us to request the cessation of data processing or removal of your details you can can do this by contacting us at email@example.com, when contacting us please stipulate which part/parts of the Leaders Romans Group your request is regarding.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which your information is/has been handled then you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/ ).
What information will the Leaders Romans Group collect about me?
The Leaders Romans Group may collect and hold the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us such as when you complete a digital service enquiry form, request email notifications and/or newsletters. We ask you for this information so we can offer you relevant local content, information or services. We will always be clear about how this information will be used.
- The Leaders Romans Group may decide to display 3rd party tracking numbers across marketing channels to identify which services and contact methods are most popular and so we can ensure each is adequately serviced. The following is tracked on such tracking numbers; the number dialled, the diallers’ number, the time of the call, the length of the call and a recording of the call. The call recording is stored by default for a period of 30 days. We track this data as it aids staff training on how best to service our customers. You have the right to ask us not to track your personal information for marketing purposes. This can be done by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to request a different non-tracking telephone number and / or the removal of your details.
Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Information from our web servers' logs, such as IP addresses
This is used by us (The Leaders Romans Group referred to as ‘us’ and ‘our’) to analyse activity on all our Digital Channel. For example, this helps us to look at the number of visits to specific pages to evaluate if we have sufficient infrastructure to support and maintain a great experience for our visitors. We may also collect, store and use the following kinds of information: Information about your computer, your visits to and use of this website (including but not limiting to your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views).
Information from social networking sites (such as Facebook LinkedIn and Twitter)
We collect information from social media activity, including likes, shares and tweets on our Digital Channel and about our content on social networking sites.
Transfers of information outside the European Economic Area
Your use of our Digital Channel may result in the transfer of personal information provided by you across national boundaries. By visiting our Digital Channels and communicating with the Leaders Romans Group Electronically, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside the European Economic Area but in line with the guidelines of GDPR i.e. to countries that are approved under GDPR for these transfers.
Personal information of others
How will we use this information?
The Leaders Romans Group will only hold and process your data in line with our legal obligations and the legitimate interests. We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To help us to monitor, analyse and improve our Digital Channels. This information helps us to understand which Leaders Romans Group content and services are most interesting, helpful to our users and if they are shared via social networks. The information also helps us to identify when errors occur within our Digital Channels and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best. All of which helps us improve our Digital Channels for our users.
- To provide you with a more personalised experience. By looking at the information we have about you, we can create a more tailored experience.
- To inform the way we commission future content at The Leaders Romans Group. We will use aggregated and anonymous user data to help our Digital Marketing team understand what type of content our users like so that they can make more in the future.
To market services to you. We will send you information about our Digital Channel and Services or other marketing activities but only where it is relevant and you have agreed to receive these from us and for the purposes stated at the collection point. We will email you or send you other marketing communications relating to the Leaders Romans Group services which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, by email or similar technology such as online display advertising. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
We may also invite you to participate in surveys from time to time to help us understand what you think about our programmes, products and services, and in turn make improvements.
When you have used any Leaders Romans Group Service, your email address will be sent to a 3rd party feedback company, who may follow up your service with one email asking to give your feedback about your experience. They will not spam you and will not pass your details onto any other party. They follow all prescribed processes to keep your data safe.
Leaders Romans Group may use the feedback you provided for Marketing purposes, if you do not want us to use your feedback for marketing purposes please contact email@example.com
I am a user aged 16 or under
Please note that you need to be 16 or over to register on any of The Leaders Romans Group Digital Channels. If you are aged 16 or under, please speak to your parent/guardian to get their permission before you provide any personal information to the Leaders Romans Group because without this consent, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information. We may also ask for your parent/guardian’s contact details so that we can check they are happy for you to use our Digital Channels.
LRG may obtain your data through researching third party websites such as LinkedIn, Reed, Indeed and Monster but not limited too, as well as receiving data through Third Party Recruitment Agencies. The purpose and use of this Data and CV’s is only used for suitable job vacancies within the LRG Group. By placing your data in the public domain LRG believes you are responsible for the accuracy of that personal data, understand how it will be used and are giving consent for Companies with career opportunities or specific vacancies to store and use the information for the purposes for which you posted it. LRG will keep the data that is obtained from public domain websites securely and only use it for the purposes in which it has been posted. LRG will only keep this for the minimum time it is necessary and will delete it, normally after three months.
If your data has been shared by an LRG Employee as a referral for a current vacancy or career opportunity – LRG will only retain your data for this purpose only and will delete your data after one year. This policy only applies to our use of your information via the Leaders Romans Group. Therefore, it does not apply to third party websites which might provide links or on which Leaders Romans Group content is embedded. The Leaders Romans Group is not responsible for the privacy practice or content of such websites.
Equally, it is important to note that when you access Leaders Romans Group Digital Channels via a social networking site, such as Facebook LinkedIn or Twitter, that site may also collect and use your information. So, we would advise you to check the privacy policies and your own privacy preference settings with those social networking sites and applications to see how your information is currently being used.
How can I manage cookies?
We provide more information about cookies and similar technologies used on our Digital Channels in our Cookies Policy – COOKIES. This also tells you how to control and manage cookies in your browser and how to opt-out of certain types of cookies.
What about spam?
We will only send targeted messages that we feel are relevant and are of interest to you. Marketing emails and communications you have signed up to will also tell you how you can unsubscribe should you decide that you no longer wish to receive them.
Please note that active clients may receive important information about The Leaders Romans Group Services that they have requested from us (such as changes to the Services themselves or other service administration matters). As an active user, this is not spam.
Will The Leaders Romans Group share my information with anyone else?
The Leaders Romans Group will only hold and process your data in line with our legal obligations and the legitimate interests. The Group commits to keeping your personal information confidential and safe:
- We may disclose your personal information to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- Employees, contractors and agents of the Leaders Romans Group may be given access to any personal information which we collect but their use shall be limited to performance of their duties in relation to the services provided by The Leaders Romans Group. We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf in line with GDPR and authorise them to use, disclose and store the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
The Leaders Romans Group will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information.
Those who have access to your personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposed other than that to the services and products offered by the Group or the use of our Digital Channels.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long does The Leaders Romans Group keep my personal information?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected, and in line with the statutory data retention period set by HMRC. Beyond data we are obliged to hold by legal obligation/statute, you have the option to have your data deleted by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting us please stipulate which part/parts of the Leaders Romans Group your request is regarding.
The Leaders Romans Group will remove the personal information when requested by you.
When using our Digital Channels anonymised data will be collected to help you navigate the website, we won’t be able to recognise that data as yours or contact you about it will be collated. Please note if you don’t want to continue to receive relevant targeted advertising from our Digital Channels after you have left the Digital Channels, we recommend that you delete any cookies set on your device. If you want more information on how to manage your cookies, our Cookies Policy can help.
Where we hold other information (resulting from, for example, submitted competition answers) we will keep this for the minimum amount of time necessary for the purposes of running the competition or other relevant purpose.
Please note that if your account appears to have not been used for 2 years, we may try and contact you to check whether it is still in use and/or we may delete it.
The Leaders Romans Group will be what is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. The Leaders Romans Group company registration number is 09939099 and its registered address is: Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3GZ.
The Chief Financial Officer can be contacted on: email@example.com
How can I access and update my personal information?
The Leaders Romans Group recognises the rights of all of our clients under the UK DPA 2018 and EU GDPR 2016, further detailed information on these specific rights can be found at the website of the UK Information Commissioners under https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Contact Us and we will be able to update your records on our data management systems – please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you would like to know what personal information The Leaders Romans Group holds about you, you may make a request to The Leaders Romans Group for copies of this information. You should be aware that we will need to see proof of identity before processing any such request (known as a ‘subject access request’). If requested, The Leaders Romans Group will use all reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete information about you on file.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and addressed to:
The Data Protection Officer,
The Leaders Romans Group Limited,
Nine Mile Ride,
Changes to this policy
How do I contact the Romans Group if have a question about privacy issues?
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy issues, you can contact the Data Protection and Compliance department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting us please stipulate which part/parts of the Leaders Romans group your request is regarding.
Alternatively send your enquiry to: The Data Protection Officer, The Leaders Romans Group, Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3GZ.